Thursday, April 7, 2011

Wonders

“The past is behind, learn from it.
The future is ahead, prepare for it.
The present is here, live it.”

 Eyemadreamer Thomas S. Monson quotes


Do you believe that this is quote is true?
When  we learn from the past, and do everything we can do in the present, do we make a better future?
Teaching our children, what we did in our younger days...and at the time...we did not know was wrong, asking them not to make the same mistake, protecting our children. But really what are we doing? Exactly, what this quote says.
So in reality, how far could one take this? Could we say the government should learn from the past? Yes. Could we say the churches we attend could learn from this? They do..really. Could you say that every parent in the world..somehow uses this quote..in day to day life? Absolutely....in some form. Just like in the example I stated above. In my last post...I said something about my oldest son wanting to join the Air Force. My husband and I never even considered such an option. So when he said this, I took him over to see my grandfather. He told Frank, about the dangers but then also the pros. And told him to make the decision wisely because...once your in ..your in for a long time. (of course Frank is only 14...so it will be awhile) But it was the right choice in taking him over to my grandfather.
Until later
~Adds

No comments: